Re: [802SEC] [802-11WG] New Document Templates

All,

PatCom will not be considering copyright issues.

David L. Ringle
Manager - IEEE-SA Governance, Policy & Procedures
IEEE Standards Activities Department
445 Hoes Lane
Piscataway, NJ  08854
TEL: +1 732 562 3806
FAX: +1 732 875 0524
d.ringle@ieee.org

             Tony Jeffree
             <tony@JEFFREE.CO.
             Sent by: *****            STDS-802-SEC@listserv.ieee.org
             IEEE 802                                                   cc
             Executive
             Committee List                                        Subject
             *****                     Re: [802SEC] [802-11WG] New
             <STDS-802-SEC@iee         Document Templates
             e.org>

             05/21/2007 04:51
             PM

             Please respond to
               Tony Jeffree
             <tony@JEFFREE.CO.

Hi David -

Are PatCom also considering text to cover copyright issues?

Regards,
Tony

At 14:43 21/05/2007, David Law 2 wrote:
>Hi Paul,
>
>The subject of including text related to the IEEE-SA Patent policy on
>document templates is something that will be discussed at the June PatCom
>meeting. In the interim, IEEE 802 Working Groups that already include such
>text can either remove it, which is what IEEE 802.11 has done, or if they
>wish to update it, it should read:
>
>The contributor is familiar with the IEEE-SA Patent Policy and Procedures
>[ http://standards.ieee.org/guides/bylaws/sect6-7.html#6 ] and [
>http://standards.ieee.org/guides/opman/sect6.html#6.3 ]. Further
>information is located at [
>http://standards.ieee.org/board/pat/pat-material.html ] and [
>http://standards.ieee.org/board/pat/index.html ].
>
>I expect an update on this subject after the June PatCom meeting which
>takes place on 5th June 2007.
>
>Thanks and regards,
>   David
>

>***** IEEE 802 Executive Committee List ***** <STDS-802-SEC@ieee.org>
>wrote on 21/05/2007 11:55:56:
>
> > Steve, All,
>
> > I know Dave Ringle (d.ringle@ieee.org) has been working with Stuart
> > and Roger to modify their IPR template statements.  Contact Dave
> > Ringle and David Law -- show them what you are currently using and
> > ask them whether or not it needs modification.
>
> > Regards,
>
> > --Paul

On