From: J Lemon [mailto:jlemon@ieee.org]
Sent: Monday, June 18, 2007 8:33 PM
To: Sherman, Matthew J. (US SSA)
Cc: STDS-802-SEC@listserv.ieee.org
Subject: Re: [802SEC] +++ LMSC P&P Revision Ballot +++ AudCom

Mat,

I vote disapprove, with the following comments:

page 2, line 25, substantive: Add "The Vice Chair of a WG shall be
considered the Chair of the WG for this purpose in the case of
unavailability or incapacity of the Chair."
page 2, line 27, substantive: Add "The Vice Chair of a TAG shall be
considered the Chair of the TAG for this purpose in the case of
unavailability or incapacity of the Chair."
page 2, line 31, substantive: I see no reason why appointed chairs would
not be voters. Wasn't Arnie appointed?
page 2, line 38, editorial: Correct the reference.
page 3, line 8, editorial: Change "the executive committee member and an
individual" to "the executive committee member and (for those who are
not self supporting) an individual".
page 3, line 15, editorial: Correct the reference.
page 4, line 17, substantive: Change "WG" to "WG or TAG"
page 4, line 24, substantive: Strike item e. I see no reason for such a
limitation.
page 4, line 36, substantive: Change "WG" to "WG or TAG"
page 4, line 38, editorial: Remove the hyphens between "Vice" and
"Chair" throughout this paragraph.
page 4, line 39, substantive: Remove the parenthetical phrase. It is far
from the only reason why a chair may choose to recuse; and it is not a
necessary reason to recuse.

I would change my vote to approve if the substantive comments were
addressed as I suggest (or if I were to be convinced to give up on those
that are not so addressed).

Further, I'm okay with Steve's suggested changes, and I support Stuart's
suggested changes.

John Lemon

On 5/23/2007 8:16 PM, Sherman, Matthew J. (US SSA) wrote:
> Dear EC members,
>

> Attached you will find the text for an LMSC P&P revision ballot titled
> 'AudCom'. This ballot was approved at the Friday March 16, 2007 EC
> meeting. The text is identical to that presented at the meeting.  The
> purpose and rationale for the ballot are as given in the attached
ballot
> document but relates to objections AudCom had to our P&P and desired
> corrected before approving it.
>

> Ballot Opens: May 23, 2007
>
> Ballot Closes: June 24, 2007 11:59 PM EDT.
>

> WG chairs, please distribute this P&P revision ballot to your WG, and
> invite them to comment through you.
>

> Thanks & Regards,
>

> Mat
>

> Matthew Sherman, Ph.D.
> Engineering Fellow
> BAE Systems -  Network Systems (NS)
> Office: +1 973.633.6344
> Cell: +1 973.229.9520
> email: matthew.sherman@baesystems.com

> This email is sent from the 802 Executive Committee email reflector.
This list is maintained by Listserv.