Re: [802SEC] Responses on venue for March 2009

Buzz,

In answer to your question of "If we are going to lose >25% of our
regular attendees by trying to do Rome can we honestly call it a full
plenary session?", I reply "Yes". I suspect that those that choose not
to come would be those who are the least involved.

Do we have the "license to just ignore a significant minority with
lesser means"? Yes, if by doing so we achieve an important goal such as
increasing our worldwide scope. And, are we not currently just ignoring
a significant minority of nonNA participant with lesser means?

As to 802.1's willingness to attend nonNA sessions, I find it hard to
believe that they could reject Rome after recent interims in York,
Geneva, and Stockholm.

jl