Re: [802SEC] Responses on venue for March 2009 - Please VOTE Now !!!

All:

I am somewhatreluctant to take a piece of this debate, but some of the things being said are just incorrect. When someone books at a hotel other than the meeting hotel it has an imact on all of the attendees. The negotiation with the hotel is a intracate ballet with the hotel offering more or less incentives and/or percs to the meeting depending upon the booking level achieved. The lower the room block the higher the cost for the attendees paid in lesser food or higher meeting room costs. Encouraging attendees to stay at the meeting hotel is in everyones interest.

Arnie

-------------- Original message from "Pat Thaler" <pthaler@broadcom.com>: --------------