Re: [802SEC] +++EC Email Ballot+++Motion for electronic distribution of standards to 802+++closes 10 OCT 2007

Hi John,  Where I applaud your optimistic outlook I would urge you to
consider that if we let this valuable concession slip through our
fingers for some long-shot, "Bird in the Bush", we may never, ever be
able to get back to what we had, if all attempts are unsatisfactory.
And why should we subject our attendees to such experimentation with all
the inherent and inevitable problems.  They deserve better than that.  I
would suggest that we continue our existing program that we know works
well and is GREATLY APPRECIATED by our constituents, and in parallel set
up a downloadable program that we can experiment with.  When we reach
the point where our attendees by majority vote tell us they like the
download program better than the CD program then we can consider making
the switch.  If nothing else we can use the new CD's to create a local
server source for downloads so as not to contaminate our precious
internet access bandwidth.  Local bandwidth is much easier to provide.

So don't take the risk at our members expense, choose both and add an
extra benefit !!!     :-)

Thanx,  Buzz
Dr. Everett O. (Buzz) Rigsbee
Boeing IT
PO Box 3707, M/S: 7M-FM
Seattle, WA  98124-2207
Ph: (425) 373-8960    Fx: (425) 865-7960
Cell: (425) 417-1022
everett.o.rigsbee@boeing.com