Re: [802SEC] +++ Motion to withdraw IEEE Std 1802.3
From: ***** IEEE 802 Executive Committee List *****
[mailto:STDS-802-SEC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG] On Behalf Of Grow, Bob
Sent: Friday, October 05, 2007 15:49
Subject: [802SEC] +++ Motion to withdraw IEEE Std 1802.3
Paul has delegated to me the conduct of this ballot. A 10-day ballot
has this closing on 16 October, but since the December submittal
deadline is 15 October, I request your prompt vote and will close the
ballot early if all have voted.
The IEEE 802.3 WG has determined that IEEE Std 1802.3 contains
significant obsolete information and recommends its withdrawal.
Consequently, in accordance with the IEEE-SA Standards Board Operations
Manual 7.4, the sponsor requests withdrawal of IEEE Std 1802.3.
Moved: Bob Grow
Second: John Lemon
1. IEEE 802.3 WG voted to reaffirm
2. Initial Sponsor ballot resulted in one disapprove asserting standard
did not meet criteria for reaffirmation.
3. WG (as BRC) agreed after discussing comment and recommended by
motion disapprove vote in recirculation.
4. Recirculation cover letter and ballot announcement included that WG
5. To few votes flipped to get below 75% approval (even if disapprove
without comments could be counted).
6. WG and EC passed motions in November to submit to RevCom and then
7. RevCom reviewed and discussed situation and recommend reaffirmation
understanding Sponsor planned to withdraw.
8. SASB approved reaffirmation on consent agenda.
9. Now time to follow through on plan to withdraw after approval.
This email is sent from the 802 Executive Committee email reflector.
This list is maintained by Listserv.
This email is sent from the 802 Executive Committee email reflector. This list is maintained by Listserv.