Re: [802SEC] Preliminary Tally: +++EC Email Ballot+++Motion for electronic distribution of standards to 802+++

Colleagues-

Since the vote is so close on this ballot I would appreciate the privilege
of trying to put my thumb on the balance.

I urge those who have not voted to vote disapprove.
I urge those who have voted to change their vote to approve.

The program as it currently exists is not broken, not expensive, not
particularly troublesome to implement and highly popular with our constituents.

If we eliminate it and then try to go back it may not be possible. The CD
program has always been unpopular with staff and barely tolerated. I
started the program by just going ahead and doing it. Staff never really
gave permission for the program. Instead they just tolerated it and set the
boundaries.

I have always been an advocate of giving our contributors something
PHYSICAL for their contributions and participation. The CD is the last
vestige of that. The cost and effort is truly trivial in our scheme of
things. The archival value of a pressed CD (over burned) has been discussed
earlier

I strongly believe we should keep the program. Please cast/change your vote
to disapprove (and, presumably, support a subsequent motion to generate and
press a new CD)

Thank you,

Geoff