From: ***** IEEE 802 Executive Committee List *****
[mailto:STDS-802-SEC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG] On Behalf Of Karen McCabe
Sent: Friday, October 19, 2007 7:19 AM
To: STDS-802-SEC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: [802SEC] news item

Per the recommendation and approval of Paul Nikolich, we are alerting
you
that the attached news release will be issued today (19 October). The
release is time-sensitive and is being issued on behalf of the
IEEE/IEEE-SA
to communicate the decision to expand the definition of "IMT-2000" to
include IEEE 802.16 (an ITU-R specific action). The development of the
release was coordinated with Roger Marks.

(See attached file: PR_IMT2000_FINAL101907.doc)

Karen McCabe
Marketing Director, IEEE-SA
445 Hoes Lane, PO Box 1331
Piscataway NJ 08855 USA