Re: [802SEC] Arnie's concern regarding submittals to ITU WP8F

Bob,

The IEEE has a Sector Membership in ITU-T and Bilel N Jamoussi Ph.D. of
Nortel (also a member of the BoG) was appointed by the BoG as the official
Liaison to ITU-T ... I believe that 802 (and other sponsor) WGs with desire
to submit contributions/liaise with ITU-T should have sponsor (EC) approval
and then go through the official liaison (Bilel) rather than "doing their
own thing".  Again, in addition to the fact that our individual WGs don't
have status in the ITU (only IEEE as a Sector Member does), I think this is
important to IEEE for a number of reasons (level playing field, maintaining
IEEE's image and status, etc. as mentioned before.)

Regards,
Carl