Re: [802SEC] straw poll--is it time to abolish the non-conflicted EC?

I hadn't considered the possibility. I thought we were stuck with this
at least until 802.20's sponsor ballot. But if you think we are or might
be allowed to abolish it, and if it removes an evening meeting from my
schedule, I'm all for it. ;-)

Seriously, I never saw the need for it, as I don't believe that there
has ever been any sign or allegation of collusion or other practices
that might require preventing members with certain affiliations from
voting on 802.20 issues. Unless someone can point out any past
unprofessional behavior of EC members, or has a really good story for
how they can predict future behaviors, I think it should be terminated.

jl