Re: [802SEC] straw poll--is it time to abolish the non-conflicted EC?

Paul,

First off, I assume that those of us who are conflicted can state our
opinion on this because reflector discussion isn't restricted to EC
voters. However if it came down to a vote on action, it isn't clear to
me whether the conflicted EC could vote.

I don't think we can reverse what the SASB said we needed to do so the
only action we could take would be to petition the SASB. Unless we have
some indication that they would be receptive to a petition, it doesn't
seem worth spending time on.

I have a timing issue with discussing this further at this point. Your
email went out Wednesday afternoon before the plenary. I feel I would
need to consult with my legal counsel before weighing in on this
decision and my counsel might want some time to consider their response.
I expect I'm not the only recused EC member that feels that necessary. I
have a non-IEEE standards meeting Friday, travel time to it tomorrow and
a mountain of prep work to do for the meeting next week. I think more
notice is necessary before this is discussed.

I know the non-conflicted EC partitioning is a pain and I agree with the
sentiments that John Lemon expressed on a personal level, however once
this was put in place, removing it isn't that simple.

Regards,
Pat