Re: [802SEC] straw poll--is it time to abolish the non-conflicted EC?

Paul and Matt,

	On Paul's question I believe that it would be fine to eliminate
the conflicted EC since things are running pretty smoothly in 802.20 at
this point.  Nice job Arnie.

	Matt brings up a different point, that those with interest in a
technology, or a competing technology, should recuse themselves.  I
think that could lead to quite a mess given that I would assume that
everyone on the EC has some interest in the technologies being developed
in the various WGs.  If we did not then what are we doing as part of the
EC.  So I don't think it is reasonable for people to recuse themselves
from votes they might care about.  And if some people recuse themselves
and others don't, that could result in some strange decisions.  It is up
to the members of the EC to act in an ethical manner, which I believe is
how the EC operates.  Of course if Matt, or anyone else, wants to recuse
themselves they have that right.

Regards,
Steve