Re: [802SEC] straw poll--is it time to abolish the non-conflicted EC?

All:

I find much to agree with in Mr. Takefman's comments.

I agree that "it is up to the NC-SASB to change their directive".  As a
pint of interest, in the most recent SASB considerations, conflicted
members were not excluded from discussions on 802.20 (no need for closed
sessions), but the votes were taken with non-conflicted members.  I
agree that discussion of project readiness for advancement through the
process should be an open discussion.  To do otherwise would be grounds
for more appeals, something I hope we all want to avoid.

That said, I have no idea what the mode of operation will be at the
December SASB meeting.  I assumed from the start that Paul's question
was nothing more than input for December SASB consideration.  I also
would expect SASB members in such considerations to more strongly value
the opinion of the non-conflicted EC whether or not we want to inform
them of the complete EC opinion.

I find it very acceptable to make recommendations to the SASB at any
point we feel it is appropriate.  As to it being premature to recommend
dissolution of the non-conflicted EC -- that I believe must be left for
decision by the non-conflicted EC (else it will have no weight with the
non-conflicted SASB).

--Bob