Re: [802SEC] straw poll--is it time to abolish the non-conflicted EC?

Mat-

I take exception to your position. I believe that it is unnecessary and
perhaps even improper.
I am of the opinion that:
         - When we vote at the EC we are supposed to be voting for the best
interests of 802 rather than any one WG
         - There are enough people (with a wide range of affiliations) on
the EC to blunt conflicted votes
            (There have been instances in the past of affiliation
over-weighting with bad results but I don't think so now)
         - The approval threshold is low enough to mitigate conflicted votes
Therefore a blanket judgement of "conflicted" is just punting on you job as
a member of the EC

If there are specific issues that you feel conflicted on, then sure go
ahead and recuse yourself. I don't think you should bail on .20 matters any
more than I believe that when I was Vice Chair I should have not voted on
any Token Ring issues.

Geoff