Re: [802SEC] Rome decison

Carl -

I guess where we differ is in how we choose to go forward from here.

The EC chose to say "The survey was flawed, so we will ignore its
results and go to Rome anyway". I didn't agree with that position,
and voted accordingly. Unfortunately, my viewpoint didn't prevail.

To me, it was our responsibility to make sure the right questions
were asked in the survey. We failed to do that, for whatever reasons,
despite ample opportunity to do so. Shame on us all. However, having
asked the wrong question, I believe we were stuck with the answer we
were given by the 802 membership. To then ignore the survey results
seems to me to be arrogance in the extreme. The fact that the EC
didn't like the answer the survey gave isn't sufficient justification
for going against it IMHO. Just because it fits in with our desire to
do NNA meetings doesn't make it the right choice.

As it happens, and for the reasons pointed out by Pat, I think that
particular Rome venue is a lousy choice anyway, regardless of the
price issue, and particularly so when compared with Vancouver as an
alternative.

Regards,
Tony