From: ***** IEEE 802 Executive Committee List *****
[mailto:STDS-802-SEC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG] On Behalf Of Pat Thaler
Sent: Tuesday, December 18, 2007 2:28 PM
To: STDS-802-SEC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: Re: [802SEC] a sensible way forward? nNA venues for 2011 and
2012

Paul,

Can we run this motion? I am concerned that if we don't start it soon we
will lose the ability to start the non-NA proposal process with
tentative proposals due for our March meeting and firm proposals in
July. If it pushes out further, it may make March 2011 very difficult.

In my last email I pointed out that it is more efficient for us to work
on planning for these three meetings in the same proposal cycle. Running
a concurrent process for the three plenaries may also make it easier for
potential hosts. When they contact possible venues, they can ask about
availabilty for any of the three dates.

On Dec 3, 2007, at 07:37 PM, Pat Thaler wrote:

> Based on Buzz's input regarding university venues, I am removing July
> 2012 and adding in July 2013.
>
> I suggest a motion as follows:
>
> To adopt the following process for finding and choosing non-North
> American plenary venues for March 2011 and March 2012, July 2013
>
> (1) by 15 January: IEEE 802 Executive Secretary issues a draft set of
> facility requirements and issues a Request for Interest (RfI) seeking
> a letter of intent from any prospective hosts.
> (2) 7 March: Deadline for letter of intent that would name
> prospective host and venue but without a firm commitment to host.
> (3) 21 March: 802 EC approves a request for proposals (RfP),
> including facility requirements and hosting specifications, with a
> specific submittal template to allow ready intercomparison. 802 EC
> also authorizes travel expenses for site visits to prospective hosts
> identified by letter of intent.
> (4) 20 June: Deadline for host proposals issued in response to the
> RfP.
> (5) 1 July: Executive Secretary submits report summarizing proposals
> and results of site visits.
> (6) 14 July: During a tutorial slot, host candidates overview their
> proposals.
> (7) 18 July: 802 EC votes to accept proposals.
>
> Regards,
> Pat

This list is maintained by Listserv.