Re: [802SEC] 802 Chair's to-do list--please review and add items as required
Here is an update to:
13) Obtain status on 802.19 coexistence work and any
coordination activities with P1900 (Shellhammer)
SJS> The 802.19 TAG is holding regular meetings with members of
802.16h and 802.11y on coexistence in the 3650 MHz frequency band. We
do much of the work in conference calls since we only meet in the same
place during Plenary meetings. During Plenary meetings we tend to have
joint meetings. 802.16h is planning to develop a coexistence assurance
(CA) document, which is not required by their PAR, but they have none
the less chosen to generate one to assist them with development of their
SJS> We recently found a volunteer to fill the open position of
Technical Editor (Mark Austin). He is working on converting our
preliminary text approved by the TAG into Draft form.
SJS> No official interaction with the SCC41 (new name for P1900).
They are considering a project on Spectrum Sensing so I plan to attend a
conference call next week, since it is a topic in which I have personal
SJS> Good luck will all the rest of the action items. You have a
long list. :)
From: ***** IEEE 802 Executive Committee List *****
[mailto:STDS-802-SEC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG] On Behalf Of Paul Nikolich
Sent: Saturday, January 26, 2008 7:27 AM
Subject: [802SEC] 802 Chair's to-do list--please review and add items as
Dear EC members,
It's almost the end of January. Time to start seriously preparing for
the March plenary session. I'm doing 802 EC house cleaning this week
and have the following open items on my to-do list:
1) solicit input for opening EC meeting agenda items
2) update 802 Chair Guidelines
3) issue guidelines for re-election/re-confirmation process
4) solicit input for 802 Task Force meeting from EC and SA Staff
5) support selection of nNA venue -- (where are we in this process
6) obtain status on ISO/IEC JTC1 SC6 documents in process (Geoff--I look
to you to provide this)
7) drive closure on any open contract items (John Hawkins and Buzz--I
need your support here)
8) make sure 802 members are aware of policy changed (Mat and Pat
9) make sure 802 member are aware of Automated Attendance Monitoring
application (Kipness and Sahr leading this)
10) assist the Emergency Services interest group in finding the
appropriate organizational niche in which to procede (McCann, Kerry,
Jeffree, Gupta to coordniate)
11) obtain status on coordination of dot11 VTS and dot01 AVB activities
(Kerry and Jeffree)
12) ensure entire EC is up to date on 802.20 WG draft status
13) obtain status on 802.19 coexistence work and any coordination
activities with P1900 (Shellhammer)
14) provide feedback to EC on SA initiatives may be of interest--e.g.,
Educational Activites, Strategic Planning, others?
15) getIEEE 802 program status--where is this going? (Hawkins and
16) provide feedback to SA on myballot and myproject issues (all)
17) anyone have concerns about potential projects in other SA Sponsors
or outside SDOs overlapping 802 Scope?
Thats it for off the top of my head. I'm sure I'm missing something
though--if you think of something that should be on my list, please feel
free to add it.
This email is sent from the 802 Executive Committee email reflector.
This list is maintained by Listserv.
This email is sent from the 802 Executive Committee email reflector. This list is maintained by Listserv.