[802SEC] March 2008 Election/Reaffirmation/Confirmation process for 802 EC positions

Dear EC members,

Per the LMSC P&P all members of the executive committee are elected and confirmed at the first Plenary session of each even numbered year.  That session is the upcoming March 2008 Plenary session.  I will stand for re-election as Chair of 802.

If I am re-elected Matthew Sherman, Patrica Thaler, John Hawkins, Buzz Rigsbee and Geoff Thompson have agreed to continue in their positions as first Vice Chair, second Vice-Chair, Treasurer, Executive Secretary and Member Emeritus respectively.  Bob O'Hara resigned as Recording Secretary effective at the end of the March session, and I will appoint James Gilb to that position. If you, or others in your Groups, wish to be considered for the 802 Chair or appointed positions, please contact me.  The responsibilities of the appointed positions are
described in the attached document. In the case of the WG Chairs and Vice-Chairs, we will observe the process described in the attached document.

Position summary: (Title, Quantity, notes)

      802 Sponsor Chair/EC Chair, (1), elected by EC

      1st Vice-Chair, 2nd Vice-Chair, Executive Secretary, Recording
Secretary,  and Treasurer, (5), appointed by EC Chair, confirmed by EC

      WG Chairs and Vice-Chairs for:
      802.1, 802.3, 802.11, 802.15, 802.16, 802.17, 802.20, 802.21, and
802.22
     (9),  elected by WG, confirmed by EC

      TAG Chairs and Vice Chairs for: 802.18 and 802.19, (2), elected by
TAG, confirmed by EC

      Member Emeritus, (1),  non-voting

      Total positions,  (18),  1 position is non-voting

Please circulate this email to your WG members so they have ample time to
consider it before the March meeting.

Regards,

Paul Nikolich
Chair, IEEE 802 LAN/MAN Standards Committee

March 2008 election_reaffirmation_confirmation process.pdf