Re: [802SEC] +++10 Day Ballot+++Opens 07Marc Closes 17 March

Pat-

I believe that I have one more question to add to the mix.
That is, when is affiliation pinned to the individual who is participating
in the ballot?

There are several obvious answers, some of them obviously bad.
   1) When the balloting group is formed and unchangeable for the life of
the PAR
      (Obviously bad, I believe that is the problem we are wrestling with now)
   2) When the balloting group is formed, option of the entity to retain
for life of the PAR
      (Seems like a bad idea, opportunity for gaming)
   3) Snapshot at each opening of each ballot
      (Reasonable, but still gameable)
   4) Snapshot at each close of each ballot
      (Seems most reasonable to me, nuisance to administer)
   5) Snapshot at close of initial ballot only
      (Not too bad but potentially has some problems)

I believe that we are talking about #s 3 & 4
We need to be exceedingly crisp in the final definition

BR
         Geoff