Re: [802SEC] Items for discussion at the closing plenary

Comments in line below ...

Carl

What???  Attendees have always been expected to bring their own notebook and
802.11 card.

I have no problem providing a limited number of 802.3 ports for people who
haven't yet gotten with the program and provisioned their own 802.11 card -
despite the fact that it's hard to buy a notebook without 802.22 these days
- (including the "loan" of an 802.11 card with a deposit that would be
punitive to those who didn't return the card, since it's not our intent to
become a purveyor of 802.11 cards), but if this is a proposal to provide
*PCs* for public access in the "internet café" I think that's going WAY to
far.

>   * Request VeriLAN to administer and take care of Murphy,
> application will always be administered by IEEE.

I have no problem with a reasonable administration/maintenance fee for the
hardware, with IEEE administering the s/w.
I will vote accordingly when we see some numbers.  (Can this go under our
current contract with Verilan, or does the IEEE require that we get
competitive bids for additional services?)