From: Paul Nikolich
Sent: Thursday, April 03, 2008 12:36 PM
Subject: determination of unconflicted vs conflicted status of new EC
members

All,

The criteria we shall use in classifying the new EC members as Unconflicted
or Conflicted regarding 802.20 decisions:
a) The "perception of conflict" is a test for disclosure:  is the EC member
aware of a fact (about himself or someone else) that would cause a
reasonable person on the outside looking in to believe that the member had
an interest in the outcome or for whatever reason was unable to decide in
the best interest of the IEEE.
b) The test for a determination of an "actual conflict" was whether there
was in fact an interest that could prevent someone from making an unbiased
decision.

[...rest of email deleted...]