Re: [802SEC] FW: [802SEC] UC-EC email ballot regarding forwarding 802.20 to RevComm

Colleagues,

This conversation shows a significant flaw in the current MyBallot
comment handling which I have mentioned before.

Our ballots often have a great many "must be satisfied" comments that
are relatively minor and easily satisfied by comment resolution plus a
smaller number of comments representing disagreements that are not
resolved. Before MyBallot managed the comment resolution, we (in IEEE
802.3 at least) used a process where people were able to sign off on
their disapprove comments having been satisfactoraly resolved on a
comment by comment basis during the comment resolution. That allowed us
to go to recirculation with a usually short list of unresolved
disapprove comments that only included those issues that were truly
unresolved. This was presented to the recirculation voters in a pdf
sorted by clause that could be easily scanned so one could decide
whether to "pile on" to the unresolved comments.

MyBallot doesn't provide any way for a commenter to indicate that some
or all of the voter's comments have been satisfied before the
recirculation. As a result our voters are presented with comments
representing a few significant disagreements buried in a clutter of
resolved (but not marked as such) "must be satisfied" comments.

This results in a lower quality ballot experience than we had under the
older system.

MyBallot should provide a way for a commenter to indicate "has been
satisfied" and thus remove the comment from the list of unresolved
negatives before recirculation.

Regards,
Pat