Re: [802SEC] OM 3.1.1 LMSC Function, item(e) comment action item

I find myself in agreement with Jose.

I believe that the wording specifically indicating that the EC NOT engage in
technical evaluations, but focus instead on process, was put there for very
good reason.

I for one, would be the first to admit that I would not consider myself
competent to render any technical judgement on, for example 10G 802.3 PHY
issues, and I think the same principle would cut broadly across the 802 EC.
I would guess that many, if not most, from the wireline side would probably
feel much the same way if asked to render a technical judgement on, for
example technical intricacies in an OFDM/MIMO system.

This is why I believe the EC should NOT be in the business of rendering
judgements on the technical content of WG drafts.

However, there may be a place for some sort of judging with respect to
whether a WG has overstepped the bounds of its PAR, but that would be about
as technical as I think the EC should get, and only if someone else raises
the issue (i.e., in response to an appeal - the EC should not be routinely
looking for technical issues to address in WG business).

Carl