Re: [802SEC] OM 3.1.1 LMSC Function, item(e) comment action item

That kind of concern cuts both ways.

I agree with what Tony said and would further say that I don't expect an
issue to make its first appearance at an EC vote to forward to sponsor
ballot. However, if there is an issue regarding cross-WG issues (e.g.
coexistence, architecture) that has arisen during standards development,
whether that issue has been adequately resolved should be valid for
consideration by the EC in casting their votes.

Judging whether issue resolution has been adequately completed falls at
the boundary of procedural and technical. I wouldn't want the rules to
be mis-interpreted or mis-used in the future to say that it was based on
technical content and therefore not valid for the EC to consider.

The protection against this being used unreasonably is the EC committee.
It has 16 voting members plus the chair at this point and doesn't seem
likely to decrease any time soon. It would take a pretty convincing
technical problem to get a majority voting against forwarding.

Regards,
Pat