From: "Paul Nikolich" <paul.nikolich@ATT.NET>
To: <STDS-802-SEC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG>
Sent: Monday, June 02, 2008 12:56 PM
Subject: [802SEC] OM 3.1.1 LMSC Function, item(e) comment action item

Mat,

Per today's call, I had the action to provide alternative wording to the OM
3.1.1.e "Examine and approve WG draft standards for proper submission to
Sponsor ballot group; not for technical content.

I suggest the deletion of  "; not for technical content"

Implementing the deletion maintains consistency with the OM 3.1.1.c "Provide
procedural and, if necessary, TECHNICAL GUIDANCE to the WG and TAG as it
relates to their charters." (emphasis added)

Altough the 'technical guidance' component of the EC funtions tends to be
secondary to procedural guidance, it is an important component, especially
when trying to maintain architectural consistency across a Sponsor which
grows to the size and breadth of 802.

Regards,

--Paul

This email is sent from the 802 Executive Committee email reflector.  This
list is maintained by Listserv.