Re: [802SEC] Motion to return 802.20 to individual voting rights

Carl

It is true that we have always had individual model. Someone pointed out that entity voting is possible under the rules, even though we have never done it. I was just relaying that fact, not advocating for it (I prefer individual voting).

The motion I have proposed returns us to individual voting for 802.20, a change from bloc voting which was imposed on the group without their approval.

What 802.20 does once we have returned them to individual voting is up to them, subject to approval of the 802 EC and the SA. The 802 EC may reject a request to create an entity voting project, but that would be the subject of a future motion and discussion.

James Gilb

Carl R. Stevenson wrote:
James,

The EC has voted in the past that, as a policy of 802, PARs shall stick to
the individual model, not the entity model.

.20 was an unusual circumstance and a modified form of entity voting was
foisted on that WG by dictate from on high.

I am not sure that the rest of the EC will support a general exemption that
deviates from the "individual model only" policy that has been established
in the past.

Carl