From: owner-stds-802-sec@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG on behalf of James Gilb
Sent: Thu 7/17/2008 2:06 PM
To: STDS-802-SEC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: Re: [802SEC] 802.11 response to comments on two PARS

All

Thanks for the consideration of my comments.  Essentially all my
comments were rejected.

I was surprised that the group did not list 802.15.3c as a project that
is similar is scope (which it clearly is).  Ecma TC48 should have also
been referenced.  This is not only an easy change, it is clear that it
is the correct answer.

Most important, however, is the statement of coexistence.  The history
of the 802 wireless groups is that coexistence is only taken seriously
when the group is forced to do it.  This is not something that is
limited to a single wireless group, rather it is likely due to the fact
that we are all busy and work very hard to develop our standards.
Addressing coexistence takes time that we often don't feel we have.

In my opinion, the PAR should acknowledge the existing standards in
development and include a strong statement that requires the TG to
address coexistence with these standards.

James Gilb