From: ***** IEEE 802 Executive Committee List ***** [mailto:STDS-802-SEC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG] On Behalf Of Grow, Bob
Sent: Tuesday, August 26, 2008 2:33 PM
To: STDS-802-SEC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: Re: [802SEC] 802 Chair's Guidelines updated revision: 1.9.3

John:

The student fee is used occasionally, I've seen it both as Treasurer and WG Chair. The one time use (now extendable via fee waiver) is there to support student awareness of our work but I assume to exclude use of contract students (typically graduate students) as employee surrogates at a discounted rate.  Both fee waiver and student discount registration attendance does not count toward WG membership (per the P&P), and some identification of those individuals is appropriate to implement this requirement, but I personally don't remember why we wanted badge identification of students.

BTW, the $200 of expenses and the answers to your questions are defined in the P&P (or draft LMSC Ops Manual) and need not be expanded on in the guidelines.

--Bob