From: Roger B. Marks [mailto:r.b.marks@ieee.org]
Sent: Wednesday, September 24, 2008 18:17
To: Lynch, Michael (RICH1:2T00)
Cc: STDS-802-SEC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: Re: [802SEC] +++EC 5 Day Review+++ Letter to Chair of IEC TC 76

Mike,

I don't have any issues in principle. However:

(1) I'm concerned that the letter is being circulated (including the
forward-looking statement that it was "reviewed by the IEEE 802
Executive Committee") without being labeled as a draft.

(2) The letter says that "The IEEE 802.15 Study Group (SG) on Visible
Light Communication (VLC) is developing standards for free space
communication." This is a problem because a SG is not authorized to
develop standards.

Roger