From: ***** IEEE 802 Executive Committee List *****
[mailto:STDS-802-SEC@ieee.org] On Behalf Of Roger B. Marks
Sent: Wednesday, October 15, 2008 09:50
To: STDS-802-SEC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: Re: [802SEC] +++EC 5 Day Review+++ 802.11 Update of ITU-R
Recommendation M.1801

Mike,

I don't want to move to block approval here, because I know that the WP
5A deadline is near. However, I have serious difficulties with this
document. I am attaching a version showing a set of proposed changes.
While they are editorial and do not change the meaning, many of them are
quite important, in my view. I hope it will be possible to incorporate
these edits.

I am withholding comment on a few more serious matters in order to not
inhibit the work, but I'd like to specify my concerns for your
information:

(a) M.1801 makes it clear that the reference to 802.11 is based on a
normative reference to Rec. ITU-R M.1450. Therefore, I think it may be
difficult for WP 5A to approve an update to the 802.11 content without a
corresponding update to M.1450.

(b) I think it is essential that the table distinguishes drafts from
standards. I also believe that the proposal to include a draft
(P802.11n) in the table will not be well received.

Roger

P.S. The attachment excludes material on which I have no comment.
Also, I began by accepting your markups to avoid markup confusion.

This list is maintained by Listserv.