[802SEC] IEEE 802.3 comments on P802.21b proposed PAR -- 2nd attempt

Mr. Gupta

Please accept these comments on the proposed P802.21b PAR.  IEEE 802.3 chartered an open ad hoc committee to generate comments on proposed PARs.  Both of the issues below were discussed during our opening Monday plenary.  We look forward to your responses.

P802.21b

1.  The project claims to be an enhancement of 802.21 protocols, yet it may be a restriction of 802.21 as described, being a simplex communication.  Simplex communication is not consistent with the 802 Overview and Architecture

2.  Please include within the project documents a commitment to include a PICS proforma in the initial version of the standard.

Bob Grow
802.3 PAR comments ad hoc chair