Re: [802SEC] Sponsor ballot - one pager

Bruce-

Some tweaks.

	Geoff
Sponsor Ballot - Draft Editing

- The Sponsor balloting procedure is specified by IEEE SA.

- The Sponsor balloting tools are mandated by IEEE SA.

- All 802 WGs use a WG balloting process to improve the quality of drafts and the comment resolution process before beginning a sponsor ballot.

- The composition of WG ballot groups and Sponsor ballot groups can be substantially different.

    - WG ballot groups are composed of WG voting members

- Sponsor ballot groups are composed of SA members who may not be members of 802 WGs. Anyone may join SA or pay a balloting fee to participate in a specific ballot

- In 802, the tasks of the Sponsor Ballot comment resolution group are assigned to the WG or a designated subset

- As a subset of the WG, the comment resolution group may be authorized to:

    - Prepare proposed comment resolutions

    - Revise and update proposed revisions of the Draft

    - Begin a sponsor ballot recirculation between plenaries

The goal is to complete all of the ballot conditions, including at least 75% approval with appropriate comment resolution, before requesting the 802 EC that the draft should be allowed by the EC to be submitted to RevCom for procedural review and subsequently to the Standards Board for approval to publish.