Re: [802SEC] Sponsor ballot - one pager
Sponsor Ballot - Draft Editing
- The Sponsor balloting procedure is specified by IEEE SA.
- The Sponsor balloting tools are mandated by IEEE SA.
- All 802 WGs use a WG balloting process to improve the quality of drafts
and the comment resolution process before beginning a sponsor ballot.
- The composition of WG ballot groups and Sponsor ballot groups can be
- WG ballot groups are composed of WG voting members
- Sponsor ballot groups are composed of SA members who may not be
members of 802 WGs. Anyone may join SA or pay a balloting fee to
participate in a specific ballot
- In 802, the tasks of the Sponsor Ballot comment resolution group are
assigned to the WG or a designated subset
- As a subset of the WG, the comment resolution group may be authorized to:
- Prepare proposed comment resolutions
- Revise and update proposed revisions of the Draft
- Begin a sponsor ballot recirculation between plenaries
The goal is to complete all of the ballot conditions, including at least
75% approval with appropriate comment resolution, before requesting the 802
EC that the draft should be allowed by the EC to be submitted to RevCom for
procedural review and subsequently to the Standards Board for approval to
At 04:58 AM 11/13/2008 , Bruce Kraemer wrote:
I composed a one page summary of the Sponsor Ballot process that was
presented Monday in the Opening 802 Plenary.
Although there was some peer review in creating it, the request to make
it "official" and part of the chair's guidelines requires broader
approval by the EC.
Please send me your comments regarding what is needed to make it
acceptable and I'll manage the update process.
This email is sent from the 802 Executive Committee email reflector. This
list is maintained by Listserv.
This email is sent from the 802 Executive Committee email reflector. This list is maintained by Listserv.