Re: [802SEC] Electronic Participation in Interim Meetings

Bob Heile wrote:
Mat

I am strongly against this. Face to face meetings are the most conducive to an effective exchange and debate of ideas. Frequent telecons between meetings lets everyone participate but the meeting itself should not be compromised. Beyond that it sets a dangerous precedent for extending that to Task and Working group meetings.
Bob - this is ONLY true if you have a specific financial interest in the creation of Standards - and apparently you do, meaning that you are a professional standards 'monger' for lack of a better term.

The problem you face is that what you and your sponsors are facing is responsibility for your commentary here. I suggest that you check with BAE Systems General Counsel's office on this as to whether you can legally speak for them or not.

Todd Glassey

Bob