Re: [802SEC] Electronic participation in meetings

G'day Andrew -

The risk in a F2F meeting is significantly smaller than in an open telecon. In a F2F
meeting, you are dealing with a group of people that are actually there in the room, you
can see what they are doing, and who they are, and if necessary you can even check out
exactly who they are and who they claim to be employed by through the registration system.
In an open telecon, you have absolutely no idea who is on the other end of the feed and
what they are doing with it, remote loudspeaker or not.

If I was sensitive about having my participation recorded in a meeting, I would be very
much more concerned about it if there was a live audio and/or video feed being broadcast
from the room to anybody and their dog, and would act accordingly - by insisting to the
Chair that the only way to preserve my right under the ops manual not to be recorded would
be to kill the electronic feed. If I was Chairing the meeting and was presented with such
a demand, I would consider myself very unwise not to comply.

Your mileage may vary.

Regards,
Tony