Re: [802SEC] Status on WG P&P Editing

Hi Mat,
  This looks like a great start. Here are a few comments and thoughts.

I would suggest that all of clause 3.2 in the LMSC OpMan is a candidate for moving to the WG P&P.

I have a question of what should be left in the LMSC P&P vs. moved to  the WG P&P.  If the LMSC P&P defines the WG, then the WG P&P should define the operation. with this idea, then the paragraph on hibernating WG would not be needed in the WG P&P.  Then the current LMSC P&P would not need much changing...just a thought.

Clause 6.2 of the WG_P&P... The first paragraph should probably be later in the subclause.The Election of Officers should be restructured.  The paragraph order should be from the nominal to the exceptional.

WG P&P 7.1:
the statement in question only indicates how a participant can gain membership.  I don't see this as overly constricting.

WG P&P 7.2.1 Establishment
Change "...75% presence at a meeting..." to "... 75% presence at a session..."

WG P&P 7.2.2 Retention...
 I would believe that "One duly constituted interim WG or task group..." should be changed to "One duly constituted interim WG session..."  Also the final  "meeting" should be changed to "session".

(As an aside, while we are messing with definitions, we could always change sessions and meetings to match what is defined in most other organizations....i.e. Meetings have sessions, not the other way around as we have defined in 802.... just a thought, not a request).

7.2.5 Meetings and Participation
    This clause is an other example of where the "session" and "meeting" may be confused...

7.3 Subgroups of the Working Group
    This clause should indicate that the WG OM has description of how the subgroups are formed.  Currently in the 802 WGs, subgroups are differently defined.  Task Groups, Task Forces, as well as other Committees are formed to facilitate the work of the WG.

9.1  Approval of an Action
    The EC should make the choice of 2/3 or 3/4 vote.  This clause also has a potential problem with "session" vs. "meetng".

10. Meetings
    This is another clause where "session" and "meeting" may be confused.  The last two paragraphs seem to be in the wrong Clause.  Balance and affiliation should be in different clause.  I would suggest 7.2.5 as a target for the affiliation requirement.  Although it is interesting that we declare in 7.2.1 that WG members are professional expert individuals, and not representatives, so how can one represent others...

   I know I have hit the hot button, but somehow we should reconcile this contradiction.....

Again I want to say that you have a great start and now we all can all help polish and work out the final language.

Regards,
Jon