[802SEC] Status on WG P&P Drafting

All,

I am almost done with the drafting on the WG P&P.  Creation of the WG
P&P will impact both the LMSC P&P and the LMSC OM.  So their will be two
ballots:

            One to amend the LMSC P&P (effective Jan 1 2010)

            One to amend the LMSC OM and create the WG P&P (effective
upon completion of the ballot)

The biggest question at the moment concerns voting rules.   Clause 9 of
the WG P&P contains the voting rules, and they are considerably
different from what we currently use.  We could use the out of saying
'we need to be compliant with Sponsor Rules' and simply replace Clause 9
with subclause 3.2.3.1 of the LMSC OM.  However I have been cautioned
against making our rules vary too much from the AudCom baseline.  I can
try and reformat our rules to the baseline, but even then I feel they
will be fairly divergent.

Thoughts / preferences?

Thanks!

Mat

Matthew Sherman, Ph.D.
Engineering Fellow
BAE Systems - Electronics, Intelligence, & Support (EI&S)
Office: +1 973.633.6344
Cell: +1 973.229.9520
email: matthew.sherman@baesystems.com