[802SEC] Conditional Approval package for 15.3c for the Friday EC meeting

Dear EC members-

Attached is the package supporting a request for conditional approval to forward the 15.3c draft to RevCom.

We completed the 2nd recirc earlier this month with no new no votes or new comments associated with previous no votes. We had one no vote without comment. We received 9 new comments associated with a yes vote. From a pure process perspective, we were done but these comments pointed out a couple of minor technical issues. Since there was still time to do another recirc, we thought it prudent to get these in the draft and seek conditional approval instead of unconditional.

There are a total of 44 unsatisfied comments associated with the draft. All but 13 of these were accepted or accepted in principle, but the voters responsible for these have not been contactable since the initial sponsor ballot. Of the remaining 13, we disagreed with 12. These were more philosophical in character such as "change MAC aggregation scheme", "delete a particular PHY mode", "too many PHY options", etc. The remaining comment dealt with 48 v 64 bit addressing which is a MAC issue. Since this is a PHY amendment, this was ruled out-of-scope. The full comment database for the disapprove comments can be found at https://mentor.ieee.org/802.15/dcn/09/15-09-0571-01-003c-combined-sb-disapprove-comments.xls.

Regards

Bob

Bob Heile, Ph.D
Chairman, ZigBee Alliance
Chair, IEEE 802.15 Working Group on Wireless Personal Area Networks
11 Robert Toner Blvd
Suite 5-301
North Attleboro, MA  02763   USA
Mobile: +1-781-929-4832