Re: [802SEC] EC Document Server

Matt,

Thank you for the pointers.  I think that I may have misunderstood your
original email requesting to set up a "dedicated" server for the EC.  I
think that I understood that to mean setting up a "private", i.e., not
hosted by IEEE, server for EC study groups.  With the URLs, you
provided, my misunderstanding was brought to light.  I apologize for
that misunderstanding.

However while thinking about this issue, I discovered a problem that
needs to be solved.  A nonparticipant searching for the work that you
did with the Whitespace ECSG has no way to find this information, nor to
find where any follow-on work is/was being conducted.  Unlike the
LinkSec ECSG that you can find easily on the ieee802.org web site by
following the link to "IEEE 802 Working Group & Executive Committee
Study Group Home Pages", the Whitespace ECSG is not mentioned anywhere
that I can find.

Since you and I have been developing standards together for quite a
while, I don't believe that it was your intent to make this work
difficult to find.  I think it was just an oversight.

I would like to see a link added to the "WG and ECSG Home Pages" page to
another page that describes the Whitespace ECSG.  The new page should
also include a link to the mentor server for all the Whitespace ECSG
documents and a link to where the follow-on work is/was being done.
Something similar should be available for any new ECSG (such as the
Emergency Services ECSG, if that was approved yesterday), before the
first meeting of that new ECSG.  The chair of the ECSG should be
responsible for creating the ECSG's new page and providing the link so
that James (and future recording secretaries) can add the required
information to the 802 web site.

 -Bob