Re: [802SEC] Updated Emergency Services EC Study Group Meeting Announcement

Geoff Thompson wrote:
[SEC members, (again) please forward this to your WG distribution lists]
Colleagues-
Geoff - As part of EOS (Emergency Ops) and 802 Wireless services I am working on a proposal to the Department of Homeland Security to create a footprint for what Emergency Access Services will look like including both wireless-telecom and local-network access. The intent is to publish a standard set of service-definitions and facility descriptions for a standard response platform and then let the HW Mfg's run of and build them.

As part of this we are experimenting with a wireless platform for emergency services with an integrated web, DNS/DHCP, and telecom bridge for bundling both VoIP and split-service type connections for existing T1 type PRI based telecom.

To that end we believe that a standard for this type of service infrastructure will go a long way and could be bundled in with the 4.9G emergency services wifi spectrum called "The DHS Spectrum".The value in this should be self evident and we have been working on this as a wireless time-distribution service for surveillance and control systems which need evidence grade time for them since GPS L1 services are so easily spoofed.

Any thoughts? Would this WG be interested in this as well?

Todd Glassey CISM CIFI

Just a quick note to confirm the arrangements for the Emergency Services Executive Committee Study Group meetings to be held in Hawaii. Face-to-Face has confirmed my requested schedule of T/W/Th (as shown in my earlier message below).
I look forward to meeting you and meeting with you in Hawaii.
One additional item that I would like to add to the agenda as shown below is:

   * Appropriate scoping of successful projects

If you have any questions or comments, please do not hesitate to get in touch with me any time between now and the meetings. (Also, if there is anyone that is interested in the work of the SG but will not be attending the Hawaii meetings, please get in touch with me by e-mail. I do intend to set up a SG reflector in the near future.)

Best regards,

Geoff Thompson
Chair, 802 Emergency Services EC Study Group
Member emeritus, 802 Executive Committee
GraCaSI Standards Advisory Services
<thompson@ieee.org>