From: ***** IEEE 802 Executive Committee List ***** [mailto:STDS-802-SEC@ieee.org] On Behalf Of Roger B. Marks
Sent: Friday, September 25, 2009 7:17 PM
To: STDS-802-SEC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: [802SEC] +++ 10 Day EC Email Ballot +++ IMT-Advanced press release

To: 802 EC

Subject: Request to Approve IMT-Advanced press release

Dear EC Colleagues,

We are pleased to report that yesterday the IEEE 802.18 TAG and the
IEEE 802.16 WG, meeting in a Joint Plenary, approved a contribution to
ITU-R proposing an IMT-Advanced candidate based on IEEE 802.16. No
Disapprove votes were recorded from either 802.18 or 802.16. The
document that was approved (subject to any final editorial
adjustments) is available at <http://ieee802.org/16/liaison/#09_010X>.

We appreciate the hard work and cooperative spirit of all those
involved.

We would like to immediately introduce an 802 EC electronic ballot to
approve an associated press release. We therefore offer 10 day EC
motion, opening 25 September 2009 and closing October 5 2009 (11:59 PM
ET):

Motion:
"The EC supports the issuance of the press release in IEEE
802.16-09/0054 ('IEEE Proposes IMT-Advanced Candidate based on IEEE
802.16', <http://ieee802.org/16/docs/#09_0054>) by the IEEE-SA, with
editorial changes as deemed necessary."

Moved: Mike Lynch
Seconded: Roger Marks

Early close: As required in subclause 3.1.2.2 'Electronic Balloting'
of the IEEE project 802 LAN/MAN Standards Committee (LMSC) Operations
Manual, this is notice that, to ensure that this release is provided
in a timely manner, this ballot may close early once sufficient
appreciate your early response.

Regards,

Mike and Roger