From: ***** IEEE 802 Executive Committee List ***** [mailto:STDS-802-SEC@ieee.org] On Behalf Of Tony Jeffree
Sent: Tuesday, October 27, 2009 6:15 PM
To: STDS-802-SEC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: MOTION: Forwarding P802.1Qau to Sponsor ballot

Colleagues:

P802.1Qau/D2.3 has just completed its second Working Group recirculation ballot, and has
now reached 100% approval. The ballot results were as follows:

Voters only:

          No.    %
Yes        19  100
No          0    0
Yes or No  19  100

Abs Time   10   17
Abs Exp    29   50
Abs Other   0    0
Voters    101  100

Comments    1    (Approve vote with Editorial comment, not Required)

57% of eligible voters responded, so the ballot is valid.
100% of voters voting either Yes or No responded Yes, so Draft 2.3
passes.

The one comment received (Approve vote with one Editorial comment) will be submitted to
the initial Sponsor ballot; we don't plan to change the draft in order to resolve it
before SB starts.

Given the above, we would like to submit this project to Sponsor ballot prior to the start
of the upcoming Plenary, so that we can maximize the probability of getting done with the
Sponsor balloting by March 2010.

Paul has authorized me to conduct an email ballot on the following motion:

"The EC approves forwarding of P802.1Qau to Sponsor ballot."

Moved: Tony Jeffree
Second: Pat Thaler

The email ballot will close on the 6th November, or, as allowed for in current P&P,
earlier once sufficient response is received to clearly decide the matter.

Regards,
Tony