Re: [802SEC] Endorsement and affiliation letters for James Gilb - correction

Bruce

Yes, we are having a bit of fun here.

Unfortunately, we changed the section numbers in the OM and it doesn't
match the currently approved P&P.

In the current P&P (and the modified one we approved, but has not yet
been approved by AudCom), the requirements for letters are in section 4.1.

I think Pat has best answer, which is to avoid referencing the section
in the OM in your letter.  Still, unless someone raises an objection, I
think we can accept letters with 5.1, 6.1 or other references as long as
it says "as both a professional and as an individual expert".  The
caveat for referencing the OM is that a WG Chair can be given a directed
position and therefore would vote according to the rules in that
section, rather than "as both a professional and as an individual expert".

The OM you sent is the current version, but the P&P isn't (at least it
isn't until it is approved by AudCom).

I haven't updated the OM link on the web page, so it was confusing me. I
will fix it.

Thanks for helping to clear it up.

James Gilb