From: ***** IEEE 802 Executive Committee List ***** [mailto:STDS-802-SEC@ieee.org] On Behalf Of Everett O. (Buzz) Rigsbee
Sent: Tuesday, March 02, 2010 8:31 AM
To: STDS-802-SEC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: [802SEC] +++ 10-day EC Email Ballot +++ Plenary Session Coffee Break Times

Colleagues,

Paul has authorized me to issue the following motion for your consideration.

Whereas:  It has been observed by one of our WG Chairs that our current
2-hour coffee break windows (9-11am) and (2-4pm) can be disruptive to the
meetings in progress since they allow attendees to leave the meeting in
progress to get coffee or snacks, which can then inspire other attendees to
do the same.  So it has been proposed that the interval for coffee breaks be
shortened to reduce this problem.

And Whereas:  It has also been observed that the current 2-hour window
permits more flexibility in when breaks are taken to accommodate the
completion of topics under discussion without interruption.

Therefore:  After due consideration it has been proposed that we ask the EC
to vote on whether we should shorten the coffee break interval to 1-hour
instead of the current 2-hours, i.e. (10-11am) and (2:30-3:30pm).

Motion:

To approve reduction of the IEEE-802 Plenary Session coffee breaks from
2-hours to 1-hour, i.e. (10-11am) and (2:30-3:30pm).

 Moved:  Buzz Rigsbee

 Seconded: John Hawkins

Start of ballot: Tuesday, 2 March 2010;  Close of ballot: Saturday, 6th
March, 2010 or as soon as possible.

Early close: As required in subclause 3.1.2.2 'Electronic Balloting of the
IEEE project 802 LAN/MAN Standards Committee (LMSC) Operations Manual, this
is notice that this ballot may close early once sufficient responses are
received to clearly decide a matter.

Thanx, Buzz

Please note my contact info:

Dr. Everett O (Buzz) Rigsbee