[802SEC] CALL FOR NOMINATIONS - SA Awards
Dear EC members,
See the below notice requesting nominations for SA Awards. Please consider nominating someone from one of your groups. Note--several of the deadlines are for end of May 2010 and one of the awards (emerging technology) can be awarded to an entire group.
Contact Rona Gertz for more information: --firstname.lastname@example.org
Sent: Thursday, March 04, 2010 9:01 AM
Subject: CALL FOR NOMINATIONS - SA Awards
NOMINATE QUALIFIED COLLEAGUES FOR THE FOLLOWING AWARDS: Nominate eligible colleagues for any of the IEEE Standards Association awards listed below. All awards require a minimum of three nominations and three endorsements.
2010 IEEE Standards Association International Award
* Presented to an IEEE Standards Association individual member who has made extraordinary contributions to the advancement of the international goals of the IEEE Standards Association, such as a standard, successfully promoting IEEE standards in an international forum, and/or establishing closer relationships with international standards bodies.
* Award consists of a crystal sculpture and certificate and will be presented at the IEEE Standards Association Awards Ceremony and banquet on Sunday, 5 December 2010 in Piscataway, New Jersey, USA. Exact location not yet determined.
* Nomination deadline 31 May 2010.
2010 IEEE Standards Board Distinguished Service Award
* Made annually to current or past members of the IEEE-SA Standards Board going back as far as 5 years from the current year, to recognize outstanding service to the standards development process.
* Consists of a framed certificate presented at the IEEE Standards Association Awards Ceremony and banquet on Sunday, 5 December, 2010 in Piscataway, New Jersey, USA. Exact location not yet determined.
* Nomination deadline 15 September 2010.
2010 IEEE Standards Association Emerging Technology Award
* Presented annually to an individual(s), working group, or company that has advanced, initiated, or progressed a new IEEE-SA work product technology within the IEEE-SA open consensus process that:
- is a balloted standards document, a standard, recommended practice, or guide. It is not necessary for the final document to be approved, but substantial progress beyond the PAR is necessary;
- is the first, or one of few such activities for the technology, industry, or market(s) for which it is targeted;
- is a technology, industry, or market where broad consensus agreements are not yet widely deployed, or not yet fully commercialized;
- has positive market relevance;
- puts the IEEE-SA in a leadership position;
- extends the IEEE-SA Standards portfolio.
* The eligible candidate, if an individual, may be the champion, project initiator, or prominent contributor to the effort.
* Award consists of a sculpture and will be presented at the IEEE Standards Association Awards Ceremony and banquet on Sunday, 5 December, 2010 in Piscataway, New Jersey, USA. Exact location not yet determined.
* Nomination deadline is 31 August 2010.
2010 IEEE Standards Medallion
* Made annually to award major contributions to standards development, such as leadership in new technologies standardization, assuring standards development goals achievement, identifying opportunities to better serve the needs of standards users or other such contributions viewed as deserving of this award.
* Award consists of a framed certificate and engraved paperweight and will be presented at the IEEE Standards Association Awards Ceremony and banquet on Sunday, 5 December, 2010 in Piscataway, New Jersey, USA. Exact location not yet determined.
* Nominations may be made at any time.
Additional information on all the awards and a link to the nomination forms can be found at the IEEE-SA Awards web site at:
Contact Rona Gertz email@example.com for more information.
This email is sent from the 802 Executive Committee email reflector. This list is maintained by Listserv.