Re: [802SEC] P802.22.1 Motion During EC Meeting at the July Plenary

Dear Members of the EC,

The IEEE 802.22 Working Group would like to put on the agenda, a time slot, to make a motion during the Executive Committee July Plenary Meeting to obtain a (Conditional) Approval to send the Draft P802.22.1/D7 to the IEEE Standards Board Review Committee (RevCom).

James, can you please put us on the agenda.

The Draft P802.22.1/D7 has been prepared in response to the comments that were received during the 1st re-circulation sponsor ballot. The 2nd re-circulation sponsor ballot is currently under way. We expect to receive the results from the 2nd re-circulation ballot before the July Plenary meeting. We are hoping that the Response and the Approval Ratios are maintained or exceeded as compared to our previous re-circulation ballots

Background Information:

Re: P802.22.1 Standard to Enhance Harmful Interference Protection for Low Power Licensed Devices Operating in the TV Broadcast Bands

The results from the 1st re-circulation ballot that opened on March 23rd, 2009 were as follows

Response Ratio
This ballot has met the Response Ratio Ballot requirement

Number of Eligible Voters in this Ballot Group  174
Number of Affirmative Votes     109
Number of Negative Votes with Comments  10
Number of Negative Votes without Comments       1
Number of Abstention Votes      15
Response Ratio  77% (135 Votes Received), 11% Abstention

Approval Ratio
This ballot has met the 75% Approval Ratio Requirements

Number of Affirmative Votes     109
Number of Negative Votes with Comments  10
Approval Ratio  91%

The exact wording of the motion will be sent to the EC reflector, once we have the results from our 2nd Re-circ.

Many thanks

Apurva

Apurva N. Mody, Ph. D.

Chair, IEEE 802.22 Standard Working Group
BAE Systems
Technology Solutions
130 Daniel Webster Highway, Mail Stop 2350
Merrimack, NH 03054
Work: (603)885 2621, Mobile: (603-809-0459)
E-mail: apurva.mody@baesystems.com<mailto:apurva.mody@baesystems.com>