Re: [802SEC] +++ EC vote on IEEE P802.3az RevCom submittal

approve

At 06:51 PM 9/2/2010 +0000, Law, David wrote:
Dear EC members,

Further to the email below the IEEE P802.3az Energy-efficient Ethernet 3rd sponsor recirculation ballot closed at 11:59PM on 29th August with no new negatives. The summary ballot results are as follows:

127 voters
103 affirmative votes
1   negative votes with comments
0   negative votes without comments
6   abstention votes

86% returned
5%  abstention
99% affirmative

We received only one comment - it was an editorial coordination comment that reads 'This draft meets all editorial requirements'.

I have provided the full results in the attached file.

Based on the above, and since I didn't request conditional approval in July, Paul has delegated to me the conduct of the EC electronic ballot on the motion below.

Motion
======

The EC approves the IEEE P802.3az submittal remaining on the September 2010 RevCom agenda.

Move:    David Law
Second:  Bruce Kraemer

Start of ballot: Thursday 2nd September
Close of ballot: Sunday 12th September, 11:59PM AOE

Early close: As required in subclause 4.1.2.2 'Electronic Balloting' of the IEEE project 802 LAN/MAN Standards Committee (LMSC) Operations Manual, this is notice that, to ensure the release is provided in a timely manner, this ballot may close early once sufficient responses are received to clearly decide a matter.

Best regards,
  David Law

Paul Nikolich wrote:
> Dear EC members,
>
> Per out process which states a WG Chair may submit a draft to RevCom
> without EC approval '.. provided that the Sponsor Chair first notifies
> the Sponsor email reflector that, in the Chair's view based on the
> complete RevCom package, there is a reasonable expectation that the
> submittal will be approved by the Sponsor before the RevCom meeting.'.
>
> David Law has requested I review the status of the 802.3az project in
> preparation for RevCom review.  I have determined there is a
> reasonable expectation the attached submittal will be approved by the
> EC before the next RevCom meeting and, via this email, am notifying the EC as such.
> See the details below.
>
> Regards,
>
> --Paul
>

> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Law, David" <dlaw@hp.com>

----------
This email is sent from the 802 Executive Committee email reflector. This list is maintained by Listserv.

Bob Heile, Ph.D
Chairman, ZigBee Alliance
Chair, IEEE 802.15 Working Group on Wireless Personal Area Networks
Co-Chair IEEE P2030 Task Force 3 on Smartgrid Communications
11 Robert Toner Blvd
Suite 5-301
North Attleboro, MA  02763   USA
Mobile: +1-781-929-4832