[802SEC] Clause 14 conditions for 802.11Revmb to move to Sponsor Ballot have been met
During the July 2010 closing plenary the IEEE 802 EC granted conditional approval to P802.11REVmb to proceed to sponsor ballot.
* Based upon the results of the most recent WG 802.11 recirculation ballot on P802.11REVmb_D5.0 the terms of the conditional approval have been met.
* Conditional approval checklist status is summarized below.
* Full details of are to be found in the updated EC presentation at https://mentor.ieee.org/802.11/dcn/10/11-10-0801-05-000m-tgmb-ec-approval-to-sb.ppt
* As per LMSC OM Clause 14:
* Recirculation ballot is completed. Generally, the recirculation ballot and resolution should occur in accordance with the schedule presented at the time of conditional approval.
- The Ballot completed August 19, in accordance with the schedule presented to the EC in document 11-10/0801r02.
* After resolution of the recirculation ballot is completed, the approval percentage is at least 75% and there are no new valid DISAPPROVE votes.
- The approval percentage is 92%
- There are no new valid disapprove votes.
* No technical changes, as determined by the WG Chair, were made as a result of the recirculation ballot.
- No technical changes were made as a result of the recirculation ballot.
* No new valid DISAPPROVE comments on new issues that are not resolved to the satisfaction of the submitter from existing DISAPPROVE voters
- There were 16 comments received, of which 7 were marked disapprove, from 3 voters. All three voters subsequently withdrew their disapprove comments. Two of the disapprove comments were received from a new no voter who changed his vote to approve on withdrawal of his comments.
- The net result was that there are no new disapprove comments.
* If the WG Chair determines that there is a new invalid DISAPPROVE comment or vote, the WG Chair shall promptly provide details to the Sponsor.
* The WG Chair shall immediately report the results of the ballot to the Sponsor including: the date the ballot closed, vote tally and comments associated with any remaining disapproves (valid and invalid), the WG responses and the rationale for ruling any vote invalid.
- The Ballot closed on 2010-8-19
- The comments associated with remaining disapproves and the WG responses are in https://mentor.ieee.org/802.11/dcn/10/11-10-0801-05-000m-tgmb-ec-approval-to-sb.ppt on slide 10
- As indicated above, one negative vote received in the recirculation was subsequently changed by the voter to approve coincident with withdrawal of all his disapprove comments from that recirculation.
* We expect to start the first sponsor ballot early next week.
This email is sent from the 802 Executive Committee email reflector. This list is maintained by Listserv.