From: ***** IEEE 802 Executive Committee List ***** [mailto:STDS-802-SEC@ieee.org] On Behalf Of James P. K. Gilb
Sent: 05 October 2010 21:26
To: STDS-802-SEC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: [802SEC] +++ 10-day EC Email Ballot +++ Definition of hotel stay

Dear 802 EC members

Paul Nikolich has delegated the conduct of the EC electronic ballot on
the following motion to me.

In the November 2009 meeting, the EC passed the following motion:

"IEEE-802 Registration Procedures will be effective for the March 2010
meeting as follows:
1)  We will advance the registration cut-off date by 2-weeks, from
17-days prior to the meeting, to 31-days prior to the meeting.
2)  We will advance the hotel room-block cut-off by the same amount so
that both occur on the same date.
3)  We will adjust the Session Registration Fees to the following formula:
    o Web Early-Registration Fee (prior to 31-day cut-off) will remain
at $400.US
    o Web Registration Fee (after the Early-Registration cut-off but at
least 7-days before start of session (Monday) will now be $500.US
   o Late Web or On-site Registration (less than 7-days before or during
the session) will now be $600.US
4)  A $300.US surcharge will be added to the registration fee for those
attendees not booking and staying in the 802-contracted hotel.  Proof of
hotel stay will be required to prevent the surcharge."

The purpose of this motion is to clarify what a "hotel stay" means.
Accordingly, the motion is as follows:

Moved that "In order to avoid paying the $300 US surcharge on the
registration, a hotel stay is defined as at least two nights booking and
staying in the 802 contracted hotel.  The effect of voting no on this
motion is that a hotel stay is defined as at least one night booking and
staying in the 802 contracted hotel." Effective beginning with the
November 2010 meeting.

Move: Gilb
Seconded: Law

Note that although I am moving the motion for the purpose of resolving
this issue, I will be voting no as I believe that the original motion is
clear that only a single night is required by the wording.

Start of ballot: Wednesday 5 October 2010 Close of ballot: Friday 15
October, 11:59PM AOE

Early close: As required in subclause 4.1.2.2 'Electronic Balloting' of
the IEEE project 802 LAN/MAN Standards Committee (LMSC) Operations
Manual, this is notice that, to ensure the release is provided in a
timely manner, this ballot may close early once sufficient responses are
received to clearly decide a matter.

James Gilb