[802SEC] Comments on ITU-R WP1A PDNR on Smart Grid

Dear EC,

In January I reported that the ITU-R WP1A was developing a Preliminary Draft New Report (PDNR) dealing with Smart Grid power management systems. That document is available on the RR-TAG Mentor web site as 18-11-0002. During the January wireless interim I suggested that, after a review, 802 may be interested in providing input for the PDNR. There is a need to provide data on wireless systems suitable for use in any Smart Grid - gas, electric or water.

After the January meeting work was begun to develop a baseline document for the March Plenary to consider. That document is available as 18-11-0024. The hope is that any 802 WG with an interest in Smart Grid will contribute to this document. While WP1A's next meeting doesn't begin until May 25th the deadline for submissions would make it nearly impossible for 802 to complete a contribution at the May interim. Therefor my suggestion is that we complete and approve the contribution at the March Plenary.

This document will have a brief introduction in 802.18 on Monday afternoon. I would like to schedule time for those interested to work on the final document but will hold off picking a date and time until we have the chair's meeting next Sunday afternoon. We will also need to address the logistics of how this document will be presented to WP1A.

Glad to discuss.

Regards,

Mike