Re: [802SEC] 802.11 comments on 802.1QECMP

John -

Formal response from 802.1 in due course, but a couple of observations in
passing.

We do know our own standard numbers; P802.1aq is correct. That PAR pre-dates
the change for amendments to use prefix/suffix numbering.

Regarding 5.2, the scope/purpose of an *amendment*, which this is, describes
the scope/purpose of the *project*, and in this case is not intended to
become wording in the scope/purpose of the standard. (As a RevCom member,
you should be very well aware of this.) Given that, at the time of
submission of a PAR, the project *is indeed* in the future, using present
tense description is not appropriate.

Regards,
Tony